Working moms who are a crass apart
September 5, 2012
If they polish, sharpen and fire their know-it-the-best salvos at competing counterparts, then the unsuspecting ones are simply ridden over.
The mom who whines the most is considered the best.
2. Those who speak of the daunting and herculean task of tucking them in bed the previous night are ‘okay’.
3. If you skip work on the first day of school to accompany your pre-teen to class, then you are ‘better’.
5. The more you voice your worry about what to pack in lunch boxes and request for yummy snacks for your lil ones, the more you are ‘sincerely responsible’.
After whining on the above, mothers get to serious business of educating the children. And that’s when teachers are blamed for not doing enough to train young minds. And if they do, then they are blamed for dumping most work on parents who return home tired after slogging it out to pay tuition fees.
6. When it comes to extra attention for some kids… those who hire private tutors home and pay per class are giving the best to their kids as against sending children to teachers who charge monthly fee who teaches a group after school hours.
Once studies and extra-curricular activities are taken care of, then comes entertainment…
8. Moms who book tickets for movies and fun parks during office hours are considered ‘on-the-job’ moms.
9. And those who bitch about their husbands not pitching in with homework and parent-teachers meetings gain sympathy. They are ‘role models’ for the rest of the ilk.
PS: Watch this space, my research continues.